National Media is the company behind many of Australia’s flagship B2B business events. We own and operate the largest and most important exhibitions across multiple industry sectors. Our events enable businesses and professionals to connect and engage with each other, access insights and information, discover new products and innovations, and meet new customers and suppliers. We have 30 years of reputation, experience and footing under us. We’re very well-funded, entrepreneurial at heart, and don’t let red tape get in the way of growth and success. Our reputation and consistently reliable results have helped us forge strong ongoing relationships and partnerships with some of the world’s largest and most recognised brands.
About the role
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Direct Reports: Sales Executive, Business Development Executives, Sales Manager, Sales Coordinator
Term: Permanent full time
Location: National Media Head Office, 146 - 148 Bundall Road, Bundall, Gold Coast, Australia
In a new leadership position, the Group Sales Director will assume full ownership and responsibility for the sales function, strategy and achievement of sales targets for all of the company’s B2B events.
The GSD will be instrumental in building and managing high-performance sales teams and international sales agents for multiple industry sectors and growing the revenue across existing events, new launches, and acquisitions.
Reporting directly to and working with the CEO, you will develop a best-practice blueprint for success, with plenty of scope to make this department your own and have a direct impact on the future growth of the company. This is an exciting time in our business and a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious sales leader to really make their mark.
- Direct, manage and develop all aspects of the sales campaign lifecycle for each event - from strategic sales planning to lead generation, pipeline management, churn analysis, on-site rebookings and customer retention.
- Develop an international sales agent network
- Lead strategic business partnerships with industry associations and government officials/departments
- Recruit, support, develop and nurture the sales talent for all events
- Lead, manage and motivate the sales team, paying attention to sales performance, commission structures, setting of KPI’s and individual sales targets
- Implement training and structure to foster a performance-based sales environment
- Ensure sales reporting, targets, processes and strategies are aligned with the strategic objectives of the business
- Guide and support the sales team in securing industry bellwethers, headline sponsors, long-term contracts and partnership agreements
- Collaborate with marketing on lead gen campaigns, prospect engagement, data acquisition, database builds and cleaning
- Work closely with the finance teams on exhibitor and sponsor debt management to offset risk.
- Work closely with the admin and operations teams on the floorplan management to ensure maximised yield.
Who you will be
A solution-focused creative thinker who has the vision, personality, and persuasiveness to drive success from their team in any environment. An experienced leader who has the ability to manage and motivate an agile sales team and develop an international sales agent network.
- Based on the Gold Coast or ability to relocate to Gold Coast
- 10 years’ senior sales or event portfolio management experience with B2B exhibitions/trade shows
- Extensive experience in developing and working with international sales agents
- Experience of driving change and business transformation
- Proven individual sales success to a high level
- Experienced in setting and managing commercial sales strategies and setting targets for established events and launch events
- Extensive people management with proven success at coaching and motivating a team to achieve and exceed ambitious revenue growth targets
- Astute commercial and business acumen in understanding the impact of decisions on the portfolio and the wider business
- Strong budget management, forecasting and business management skills (adept with CRM systems, sales dashboards, marketing metrics etc)
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Ability to develop and grow strong relationships at C-level
- Ability to quickly understand new industries and markets and to apply thorough analysis and critical thinking to understand how to best serve them commercially and profitably
- A genuine team player and collaborative in nature
- Strong sense of personal accountability
- Integrity, authenticity and honesty
- Experience with using CRM (Salesforce) and project management tools
Applications Open: 6 May 2022
Applications Close: 4 June 2022